Friday, August 16, 2013

Upcycle, refashion, call it what you will.

This top started life as a dress I bought about 2 years ago. A sundress with shoulder straps that kept falling off my shoulders. I wore it twice then thought it was a little too young for my mature years so chucked it in the charity bag. I really liked the fabric though so I cut the bodice off and used the skirt material for this Sorbetto Top.
The band and trim were already part of the skirt so I just cut the pattern to include them and stitched up the side seams. I didn't have enough leftover fabric to make the bias binding but managed to buy some ready made that was almost the right colour. It will make a nice cool top for the summer.

While I was in the refashioning mood I lopped the long sleeves off this McCalls 5433 Shirt and made them short sleeves. I think I will get more wear out of it this way.



I still haven't started to sew the dress I cut out for my August Stash project. I have one week before I have to pack up my sewing room for the big move to our new (to us) house. I guess I'd better get a move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment